Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Black men in america

Well my brothers we are coming to the end of the school year, and the warm weather is here but my young brothers you have a lot to consider. It is cool to have fun and you should do that but, what are you young brothers going to do to put yourselves ahead of the game for next year or what will you be doing to better yourselves over the summer?
I ask this question to make you think about opportunities. Because as a young black man you need to always be thinking of ways to be just that much better.
Opportunities are all around, like maybe taking a class, helping out in the community, learning about starting a business, trying to start a business doing something you like. The options are limitless as to what you could do versus sitting around or hanging out on the block. So what opportunity will you take advantage of? I would like to hear about it.
As for my more mature black men what options or ideas might you have for these young brothers? I know I don't have all the answers so please feel free to jump in and help these young brothers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What I would be interested in knowing from the young brothers is "What is it like being a young black man in the year 2008?" As an older man, I have many perceptions that may or may not be true. I know when I was younger there were far too many times that an adult thought they were giving me advice but they were focusing on the wrong topic. With that being said, What is it that we can do to provide support, guidance,love etc. to the young black male. Clay keep blogging. I think a discussion will build.

Russell OUtler said...

Whether people want to believe it or not, it is still not easy for brothers to get ahead in the corporate world. In a day when we have an African American nominated for president, we still face many challenges not faced by others in the work force.